For those of you that have attended the Recruiter Academy Certified Recruiter Program, you know I am a big fan of Napoleon Hill, Brian Tracy, and Jim Collins!
Of all three, Napoleon Hill intrigues me the most since his research and work related to personal achievement, success, time management, etc. is over 80 years old. And still so relevant today! Timeless.
Time is the most precious commodity and greatest asset we have. That is why we dedicate an entire module to managing your time in our Recruiter Academy Certified Recruiter Program.
With that said, I thought I would share some of Hill’s thoughts on the Opportunity in TIME.
Enjoy and have a great week!
The Opportunity in TIME
By Napoleon Hill
On the next occasion when you find yourself wasting a single second of this precious agent of OPPORTUNITY in TIME, copy the following resolution, commit it to memory, and start immediately to carry it out!
My Commitment to Doctor Time:
- Time is my greatest asset, and I shall relate myself to it on a budget system which provides that every second not devoted to sleep shall be used for self-improvement.
- In the future I shall regard the loss, through neglect, of any portion of my Time as a sin, for which I must atone by the better use in the future of an equivalent amount of it.
- Recognizing that I shall reap that which I sow, I shall sow only the seeds of service which may benefit others as well as myself, and thereby throw myself in the way of the great Law of Compensation.
- I shall so use my Time in the future that each day will bring me some measure of peace of mind, in the absence of which I shall recognize that the seed I have been sowing needs reexamination.
- Knowing that my habits of thought become the patterns which attract all the circumstances affecting my life through the lapse of Time, I shall keep my mind so busy in connection with the circumstances I desire that no Time will be left to devote to fears and frustrations, and the things I do not desire./li>
- Recognizing that, at best, my allotted Time on the earth plane is indefinite and limited, I shall endeavor in all ways possible to use my portion of it so that those nearest me will benefit by my influence, and be inspired by my example to make the best possible use of their own Time.
- Finally, when my allotment of Time shall have expired, I hope I may leave behind me a monument to my name – not a monument in stone, but in the hearts of my fellow men – a monument whose marking will testify that the world was made a little better because of my having passed this way.
- I shall repeat this Commitment daily during the remainder of my allotment of Time, and back it with BELIEF that it will improve my character and inspire those whom I may influence, to likewise improve their lives.
Source: You Can Work Your Own Miracles. Fawcett Columbine Book. 1971. Pgs. 118 & 119.