If you missed NAHCR’s webinar last week, Miranda Maynard (Employment Supervisor for EMH Healthcare) updated us on their Lean, JIT transformation initiative of 2011.
It was an excellent ‘case study’ of what a continuous improvement journey is all about.
- Incremental improvement over time can provide exponential returns.
- Innovation doesn’t have to be rocket science. The best solutions are often simple which make them brilliant.
Some of the Simply Brilliant solutions EMH is implementing include:
Capturing accurate Metrics – To migrate to a Management by Fact/Data Culture:
- Eliminating “Other” and “EMH Career Site” as options for a candidate to choose for source of hire. This has helped identify where top candidates are coming from to further develop cost effective sourcing strategies.
- Recognizing that a sharp increase in TTF was a result of closing requisitions that have been open for a long period (a positive thing)!
Eliminating unqualified applicant flow – To spend Quality time with Quality Candidates:
- Implemented pre-screen “Knock-out” questions prior to candidates applying for a particular position (most organizations implement these questions as part of the application process).
- Implemented a behavioral-based online assessment (HealthcareSource’s Test source).
Make Time to Fill Service Level Agreements public and hold Managers accountable for achieving them:
- Holding managers accountable for a 40-day Time to Fill metric ensures they are engaged in process. Currently evaluating adding this SLA to their performance evaluation in 2011.
Define/separate processes for ‘Business as Usual’ vs. ‘Critical/Difficult/Visible’ positions:
- Immediate recognition of CDV positions and elimination of the time and cost associated with the “wait & see”/”post & pray” process.
We are excited to have Miranda participate in our Advanced Metrics pre-conference workshop on Tuesday July 12th at NACHR’s Annual Image conference! If you would like more information about this workshop, please contact us.
I hope you’re having a great week!